Posted to alt.home.repair

Default W/7 -8 Network password question

On Sat, 8 Apr 2017 20:10:24 -0500, philo wrote:

On 04/08/2017 07:16 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Apr 2017 23:46:09 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

Sat,
08 Apr 2017 04:31:43 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

OK so I am running 7 or 8. Is there a way to disable that network
password deal so my XP machines or presumably other w/7 machines can
see it without jumping through those hoops?

I don't want to make assumptions concerning your issue, so, can you
elaborate a bit more on the issue you're having?

I know 7 has serious problems seeing a W/98 machine.

That it does.

The 7 machine has no problem using my XP shares but it looks like I
need some kind of password to get from the XP machine to the 7
machine.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...295d514?auth=1

I will give it a shot