Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default W/7 -8 Network password question

On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 00:31:43 -0400, wrote:

OK so I am running 7 or 8. Is there a way to disable that network
password deal so my XP machines or presumably other w/7 machines can
see it without jumping through those hoops?
I know 7 has serious problems seeing a W/98 machine.

How are you booting these boxes? Starting back early NT starting
holding "elections" --(I'm first for a homegroup)... Boot XP first,
then 98 and see if that is what it is.

NT Server could see lesser versions and take control of a domain as I
recall.