Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OS upgrades

On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 06:31:07 -0700, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Apr 2017 23:26:43 -0400, wrote:

Why do you restore an OS image once a month??? Just wondering

Usually to clean off test software, unneeded software (eg Turbotax),
or to add software to my base image. Sometimes because of suspected
malware. Looking at my image archive, it seems to actually average
about every 45 days. It normally takes from 10 to 30 minutes.
Depends on how many updates I have to do.
That includes restoring my base image, updating, creating new base
image. My OS is on a small SSD (64gb) dedicated to it.
Bottom line is it's normal system maintenance for me.
Started imaging with XP, which was easy to break. I prefer to install
my OS one time only.

I maintain 53 windows 7 machines in one office, and 32 Windows 7 and
35? XP in another office and it's been about 2 years since I re-imaged
a drive - and that was only ONE. Not only do I not have to re-image, I
don't re-install either.- I don't have to, and my machines run
perfectly fine. I guess that's what they pay me for.