Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Now , about Linux Mint ...

"Terry Coombs" news Sat, 08 Apr 2017 21:26:51 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Oh , please please offend me ...

Did you hear the one about the sadist and the masochist ?
Masochist says , please please please hurt me !
Sadist says "no" .

This and the thread above about OS upgrades has been most
enlightening .

I hope it was beneficial to you. Some of the regulars to this
newsgroup do not seem to have a very firm grasp on the systems they
use everyday, self taught or otherwise. For example, one poster
claimed that NT had 8bit and 16bit code inside of it. It actually has
neither. It's a pure 32bit OS (32bit/64 bit in later editions). 16bit
code is emulated for backwards compatability purposes. later editions
of NT no longer provide native emulation for 16bit code of any sort.
You have to use 3rd party options to continue using it with them.

Bottom line is that the HP a1600n has had Vista Ultimate 64 bit
and 6 Gb of RAM installed and will (probably) be given to my 16 yo
grandson . My desktop (Asus M2A-VM/Phenom X4 1.8 Ghz/8Gb RAM)will
get 7Pro/64 as will the "server" (Asrock N68C-GS4FX/Phenom X4
2.3Ghz/8Gb RAM) that lives out in my machine shop . I'll probably
get another (7Pro/64) license for the one destined as a media
server hooked to the TV . That will leave the only box running XP
the laptop hooked to my stereo . Makes networking all these comps
much easier ...

Samba isn't hard to network. And, what you quoted is a signature. :P
I've got a lot of them, I just haven't swapped it out yet.

In my professional opinion as a certified technician, You're wasting
your money. But, it's your money and your decision.