Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Now , about Linux Mint ...

Diesel wrote:
"Terry Coombs" news Sat, 08 Apr 2017 12:13:34 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

T wrote:
On 04/07/2017 06:24 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
I decided to try it out in one box that's kind of "extra" as a
dual boot with WinXP Pro - on a separate hard drive of course .
Ran into a formatting (?) problem early on in the install though
, and decided to come back to it later .
The times they are a changing . And that was fershure Dylan .

These things always have Live CD's you can Fly before you Buy.

It was a short flight ... but it looks a lot like Ubuntu which I
have
played with before . I can tell a lot more by doing a full install
, and I have a spare comp to play with .

It's a fork (in laymens terms) of Ubuntu, so yes.. it has some
visuals in common along with other things. [g]

-- I would like to apologize for not having offended you yet. Please
be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Oh , please please offend me ...

Did you hear the one about the sadist and the masochist ?
Masochist says , please please please hurt me !
Sadist says "no" .

This and the thread above about OS upgrades has been most enlightening .
Bottom line is that the HP a1600n has had Vista Ultimate 64 bit and 6 Gb of
RAM installed and will (probably) be given to my 16 yo grandson . My desktop
(Asus M2A-VM/Phenom X4 1.8 Ghz/8Gb RAM)will get 7Pro/64 as will the "server"
(Asrock N68C-GS4FX/Phenom X4 2.3Ghz/8Gb RAM) that lives out in my machine
shop . I'll probably get another (7Pro/64) license for the one destined as
a media server hooked to the TV . That will leave the only box running XP
the laptop hooked to my stereo . Makes networking all these comps much
easier ...
--
Snag

---