Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default want threadlocker with coulour-change if broken

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 14:55:16 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:05:03 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:34:05 +0000 (UTC), unk
wrote:

I would like to be able to tell by colour if a screw has turned -
does
that exist?

Low-strength/removeable...

Maybe a kind of varnish?

Fingernail polish works nicely as both a thread locker that will
allow
the screw to be removed easily without extra effort, and it will
show
if the screw has been removed or moved.

Works better than "locktite" for gun applications. And you can
get
it
cheap from the missus or the discount store.

Have a good story ready for why you need it. I've found it in all
the
electrical coding colors, some of which would be really weird on
fingernails.
-jsw

I go in, pick out the colors I want...sashay up to the counter, pull
my money out of my purse and go on my way.

(Grin)

But you are in California.

Hence the purse! Camoflauge!!

---