Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Remington model 511 .22 bolt action

On Thu, 06 Apr 2017 21:18:16 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 06 Apr 2017 08:18:04 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 08:01:48 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 10:51:12 AM UTC-4, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 06 Apr 2017 06:21:53 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 05 Apr 2017 22:32:45 -0400, Gerry
wrote:

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 08:54:27 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Just feeling chuffed. Went to a tag sale yesterday where they had a .22 for sale. And I really ought to have bought it as it was only $55. So today went back as soon as it opened , and bought it for 20% off.

If I had had a good look at the inside of the barrel. I might have passed on it. It had what was possibly grease in the barrel, but after I ran a couple of swabs thru it, it looked good.

I am sure my grandson will appreciate it. I had the same model when I was a bit younger than him.

Dan
My brother shot his first deer with an old .22 bolt action when he was
11 years old.

I started hunting much earlier and quickly moved up to more difficult
game. I was banging my babysitter when I was 11. VBG Soon after I
started on my millions miles of scooter riding which includes the time
I got on a Ninja and was clocked at 264 mph, on a paved public road.

That sounds like a lot of fun, but you're even crazier than I thought
you were, my friend. I've seen the Youtube Hayabusa top speed vids.
Did you mean 264kph? The Hayabusa has a 340kph speedo, 211.266mph.
Kaws are even faster? Wow.

Now to be fair..it was a paved road out in the desert. And the scooter
did belong to a CHP buddy of mine. And his partner was running the
speed gun....shrug

A friend of mine with a '67 GTO (built 389 w/ 6-pk) surprised me when,
on a trip to San Diego, a CHP officer pulled up next to us and
motioned for us to pull over. With the 3:11 rear end, it had a very
high top end, and Phil shifted into second, burned out, and pulled
away from the cop. I was pinching buttons out of my skivvies as the
cop tried to keep up but failed at about 125. We soon slowed from 140
and the Chippie, who was a friend of Phil's, pulled alongside and
smiled. It was then that Phil told me about his friend.

--
That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met,
you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King

You've just won this month's Gullibility Award again, Larry. You must be building a collection of them.

This explains a number of your habits.

Larry is a gentleman and a scholar and a fine judge of character and
credibility.

Except when I miss the "econolinevan" in the email address. Ya got me,
twice now. (Just finished another sigh)

You on the other hand have a sore butt for failing to use enough lube
with your gay lover.

You, fake-Gunner?

You havent figured out who posts what here?

Tsk tsk tsk.

Gunner

---