Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default OS upgrades

trader_4
Sat, 08
Apr 2017 17:04:31 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Saturday, April 8, 2017 at 7:30:00 AM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
Vic Smith
Sat, 08 Apr 2017
02:19:23 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Sat, 8 Apr 2017 00:44:22 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

Vic Smith
m Fri, 07 Apr
2017 13:30:07 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Fri, 7 Apr 2017 10:17:41 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

One hell of a scary article from an unreliable source, isn't
it? BFG

Not much sense in arguing with you. You actually believe
this.

There's no point in trying to 'argue' about something YOU don't
know anything about, no.

Why do you post links that show you how to turn data
collection off, then complain about data collection? If
you're not willing to take the simple steps required, shame
on you.

That isn't why I posted the article, and, I doubt you're that
stupid, either. If you are, it's on me for assuming your more
intelligent then I've given you credit for. The issue I have is
that the OS shouldn't require me to turn those 'features' off
in the first place. They SHOULDN'T be there. I don't run
Windows 10, I won't run Windows 10 native on any machine I own,
either. I don't believe in giving up my privacy for new eye
candy and possible locked hardware down the road. It's another
reason I'm converting ALL of these machines to Linux. I've
tolerated Microsofts bull**** for years, but, I don't have to
tolerate Win**** 10 OR it's spyware habits on my own personal
machines. My files stored locally are MY FILES, nobody elses.

I've seen a hundred similar articles. Old news. I don't
exactly love turning all that **** off either, but see it as
necessary maintenance. I don't care what OS you use. But I
learn what I need to know about the OS I'm using.

necessary maintenance? You've got be ****ing kidding me. It is
old news from the viewpoint that the pre-release copies of
Windows 10 also did it, but, that's really beside the point. Your
OS shouldn't need to send audio recordings of you anyplace,
without you telling it to do so.

Please cite for us the evidence that Win 10 sends audio recordings
of us unless we choose to use Cortana. Nuff said.

Why are you moving the goal posts?

http://www.zdnet.com/article/does-wi...nclude-a-keylo
gger-spoiler-no/

If you redefine what a keylogger is, sure.