Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Cart for Planer

On Saturday, April 8, 2017 at 2:06:25 PM UTC-5, G. Ross wrote:
I don't have room to permanently mount my portable planer so I made a
cart to mount it on. I roll it outside when I need it, blow it off
and bring it back in. I got the wheels from Harbor Fright, an axle
from Lowes and the rest is scrap. The planer is fastened down with
lag bolts. Pictures in ABPW.
--
GW Ross

Portable bench! Good idea and good job.

For some of us, now days, these portable ideas sure beats hauling/moving some of our heavier loads.

I inherited an old Rockwell benchtop drill press and router/shaper, both on custom cabinets, lawn mower wheel casters. Tom used 3/4" gal. pipe as handles, that slide in and out of the upper "rails" of the cabinet frame. The wood framing is reinforced with 1.5" angle iron, which makes them awkwardly/super heavy for maneuvering, easily, but probably makes them more stable, when in certain use.

Sonny