Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OS upgrades

On Friday, April 7, 2017 at 8:47:29 PM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
Vic Smith
Fri, 07 Apr 2017
15:13:27 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Fri, 7 Apr 2017 09:25:55 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 04/06/2017 08:52 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

[snip]

FYI, Win 10 doesn't snoop through any user files.
Of course you can believe what you wish.

Maybe so, but with "automatic updates" they could start any time
they want to.

Anybody can disable the Window Update service is they choose to.
Mine is disabled.

So you think. Again, you not only believe in ignorance, you share your
ignorance about the subject with us all.

But if Windows 10 was actually doing even 1% of the "spying" the
tinfoil hat crowd claims they're doing, they'd have some proof,
and have MS in court. They don't.

Obviously "everybody" is not saying what you say, ie that MSFT is spying on
us with Win 10. Here's an example of what ZD Net says:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/no-micr...th-windows-10/

No, Microsoft is not spying on you with Windows 10
The Windows 10 privacy agreement doesn't mean Microsoft is secretly stealing the data from your hard disk. Where do people come up with these crazy ideas?

Buy tinfoil futures.

I'm dead serious. There is apparently a growing and very vocal population of people who believe that Windows 10 is basically a 1984 telescreen come to life. They are convinced that with Windows 10 Microsoft has built a spying apparatus not seen since the height of the Cold War, scraping up every detail of your life and feeding it back to Redmond for who knows what nefarious purposes.

They're going to need lots of tinfoil.

They're also either wildly misinformed or deliberately agitating. Unless, of course, they're just crazy, which is entirely possible based on some of what I've read."

You think everybody is making it up then? We're all just out to get MS,
is that right?

Not everybody, but there sure are a whole lot of people who hate
MSFT and were ranting and raving long before Win 10.