Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ping Jim Wilkins: Audio filter

wrote in message
On Saturday, April 8, 2017 at 10:52:55 AM UTC-4, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
On 4/7/2017 7:34 PM, wrote:
For my part, I always invent things that have been in use for 30
or more years. g

Me too. And the others are somewhat better, given that they've been
improved over the 30 years.

When I invent something that's a failure, I think about how many
times
in the past such a failure has been invented and forgotten. Only to
be
invented again because the previous failures are unknown.

Along that line, I found this article about John Goodenough,
co-inventor of the lithium-ion battery, to be encouraging. John just
invented another new battery, which he says will knock the li-ion
battery dead. He's 94 years old and his comments about invention and
age are interesting:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/07/o...-old.html?_r=0

--
Ed Huntress

=======

When I was a chemist I was interested in aluminum as a battery
electrode, but with the grad school deferment gone the Army offered to
train me in advanced digital electronics and I liked it and stayed
there.
-jsw