Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Running a microwave oven (almost) empty

On 4/8/2017 8:44 AM, Art Todesco wrote:
Here's a question for all the microwave experts. I know you shouldn't
run a microwave oven empty because of reflected energy back to the
magnetron. But how small can the food be to be safe? Like a tablespoon
of cat food? Or 2 pats of butter? One friend told me to always put a
small glass of water in the oven when heating small amounts of food. Any
ideas?

Google it up. Not a good idea. I often use for small stuff and like
the idea of buffering with water to be on the safe side.