Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Now , about Linux Mint ...

"Terry Coombs" news Sat, 08 Apr 2017 01:24:05 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

I decided to try it out in one box that's kind of "extra" as a
dual boot with WinXP Pro - on a separate hard drive of course .
Ran into a formatting (?) problem early on in the install though ,
and decided to come back to it later .
The times they are a changing . And that was fershure Dylan .

Just so you know, I'm using Linux Mint 17.3. 18x series hasn't matured
enough yet, imho. So, I'm waiting that one out. Your box specs are
decent, so I'd go with the KDE version with codecs. 18x series doesn't
include them. I *hope* they reconsider that in a later release. You can
install them once it's up and running though, if you decide to roll
with 18...