BigWallop

Default Fitting aerial on roof - how to get up there!

wrote in message
"David Aldridge"

I need to change the aerial on my roof, and I was hoping for some useful
advice before I go up there.

Can't help with your problem, David, but do be careful if you get up on

the
roof.

I have a vivid memory as a child of about 4, watching our first aerial
installed in about 1951. The installer was on his own and used a single
long ladder with no safety equipment, and managed to kick the top of the
ladder once he was on the roof. The ladder fell over, of course.

Our garden was on the side of a hill and we had to climb a number of steps
to reach it, so we kids were able to watch on a level with the roof. I
remember staring with fascination, wondering what this man was doing,
shouting and hanging onto our roof for dear life. We hadn't even

realised
what was going on, since the TV was meant to be a surprise for us, and

we'd
just been sent up into the garden to keep us safely out of the way while

he
was working.

Thankfully, eventually we realised there was a problem and ran to get Mum
who managed to reposition the ladder.

Barbara

ROFLMAO !!!!! Now that's a memory worth holding on to. :-))

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com