Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Lorry overtaking ban, M11

On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 09:45:06 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Fri, 07 Apr 2017 23:19:07 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Apr 2017 17:35:07 +0100, charles wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:
On Wed, 05 Apr 2017 09:14:21 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/blue-light-use/

Oh for goodness sake, it's quite simple. If a vehicle has blue
flashing lights, you get out of their way, no questions asked. If you
don't and

However the trouble often is that it's far from obvious where "out of
the way" is going to be.

It's VERY obvious. I've always spotted the blue lights about 10 seconds
or more before they reach me, and simply slowed down, mounted a pavement
or verge, and let them past. I don't see what the problem is you're
having.

You'll get fined if you go into a bus lane to let them past.

It's also illegal to drive on the pavement, but I do it every time I see an ambulance.

Why do you bother involving yourself in these conversations as it's
obvious *you think* there is one rule for you and one rule for
everyone else (or there are no rules at all)?

Irrespective of the circumstances, it is illegal to do anything
illegal (road traffic laws wise we are talking about here) under any
circumstances unless explicitly instructed to by a uniformed Police
officer.

Why do you take the law so literally? If there's an emergency and someone's life is at stake, anyone with half a brain will bend the rules to help them. If I was a policeman and I saw you NOT going into a bus lane and obstructing an ambulance, I wouldn't instruct you to move over, I'd ****ing arrest you.

Don't you?

Drive on? No. Mount to make some room and stop ... possibly.

I do whatever it takes to let the ambulance past. If you don't, you're a worthless piece of evil scum and I hope one day another idiot like you holds up your ambulance and you die a slow painful death.

Even
driving across the pavement to access your own property without the
use of a proper dropped kerb / crossover is against the rules (there
may be some exceptions, like service vehicles).

Which nobody bothers with as it's a stupid law. A pavement isn't magically different if the kerb is lowered.

Emergencies override normal laws.

Whilst there is a good chance that with the right evidence you may be
able to get an offence squashed, the RULES state that the RULES
continue to apply, even during an emergency situation ... otherwise we
would have idiots like you thinking they could take the rules into
their own hands and potentially make matters worse.

No, only when an ambulance wants past.

And don't confused your illegal activity not being spotted, or being
seen but a 'blind eye turned' or a Police officer using their
discretion ... with something being legal.

I'll not be correcting you again as there is obviously no point.

You're clearly suffering from OCD.

--
A blue whale's heart is roughly the size of a VW Beetle, and its aorta is large enough for a human to crawl through.