Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default OT looking for basic accounts software as going self-employed

I'd suggest getting an accountant, from my experience they can save you a
lot more than they cost. Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Murmansk wrote:

I'm planning to become self-employed as a handyman and looking for
some basic/cheap/free software I can use to keep records and submit
my tax return.

I switched from running a company using Sage Line50 for the last 20 years,
to being self employed a year ago, and would strongly recommend you look
at FreeAgent, about £200/year, 30 day free trial available.

I haven't used it to submit a tax return yet, but I've looked at how it
uses the data you've entered through the year to collect the information
it needs to do it, and it looks good enough that I don't think I'll use an
accountant to file my sole trader self assessment forms.

http://freeagent.com

Any recommendations?

It's web based, really makes everything simple, you can create/send
invoices, record mileage and expenses from the phone app, imports
statements that you export from your bank (it can hook direct to you r
bank, but I wouldn't trust the service it uses to have my banking
credentials).

It's by produced by accountants for but people they recognise are not very
interested in accounting, just getting stuff done.

I have a referral code, if you happen to sign up, we both get some
discount

http://fre.ag/45dl740i