Posted to alt.home.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default Now , about Linux Mint ...

On 4/7/2017 9:58 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/07/2017 08:43 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
I misspoke , it was a partitioning issue . I've been looking at the
instructions and it's not clear to me just what the problem is . I'll
study
it some more later , no great big hurry .

New disk, right? I've had trouble with disks that have been in use.
Defrag, defrag, and defrag again to get all the crap stuffed into one
area so you can create a partition.

defrag doesn't necessarily push all the stuff to one end.
There are programs to do that so you can change partition sizes.
Windows will let you shrink/expand a partition and takes care of
all that.
I think you can do the same thing with linux gparted. If not,
surely there are programs that can.