Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OS upgrades

On Fri, 07 Apr 2017 19:51:24 -0700, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Fri, 7 Apr 2017 20:05:54 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 04/07/2017 09:13 AM, Vic Smith wrote:
Anybody can disable the Window Update service is they choose to.
Mine is disabled.

That's news to the world unless you're on a limited data plan.
Enterprise users can defer the updates for a few months until the
general public/beta testers have done their job but the home users are
going to get updated.

Not if they disable the Window Update service. You can run an
elevated command prompt, with the correct arg, or use the Win 10 UI.
Control PanelSystem and SecurityAdmin ToolsComponent SevicesLocal
Or run services.msc and double click Windows Update to get right to
properties. Or right click and select properties.
On startup type dropdown list select disabled.
It's only news to the world who don't know about it.
I restore an OS image about once a month and only do updates then.
Then it gets turned off. So I get updates only when I choose to.

Why do you restore an OS image once a month??? Just wondering