Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Now , about Linux Mint ...

rbowman wrote:
On 04/07/2017 07:24 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
I decided to try it out in one box that's kind of "extra" as a dual
boot with WinXP Pro - on a separate hard drive of course . Ran into
a formatting (?) problem early on in the install though , and
decided to come back to it later .

What file system were you using? OpenSuSE defaulted to btrfs and I had
nothing but trouble trying to get it to boot. I went back to ext3. My
former preference was reiserfs but i doubt Reiser is going to be doing
much further development from Salinas Valley State Prison.

I misspoke , it was a partitioning issue . I've been looking at the
instructions and it's not clear to me just what the problem is . I'll study
it some more later , no great big hurry .
--
Snag

---
http://www.avg.com