Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OS upgrades

On Friday, April 7, 2017 at 6:20:47 AM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
trader_4
Thu, 06
Apr 2017 19:54:15 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Nice job at taking something out of context in an attempt to
deceive. You just cut it off, right in the middle of a sentence.

No, *I* didn't.

http://www.networkworld.com/article/...agreement.html

But there are worse offenders. Microsoft's service agreement is a
monstrous 12,000 words in length, about the size of a novella. And
who reads those, right? Well, here's one excerpt from Microsoft's
terms of use that you might want to read:

We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including
your content (such as the content of your emails, other private
communications or files in private folders), when we have a good
faith belief that doing so is necessary to.

Check the url for yourself. What I pasted is EXACTLY what's there. I
didn't cut off a damn thing! You just jumped the gun and falsely
accused me of doing something *I* did NOT do.

So you're foolish enough to take quotes and repost them when it's
very obvious that they left off the whole last part of a sentence.
You don't care about the rest, because what you saw supports your beliefs.
And about this your bragging?

And, it gets even better. See he

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/...nd-privacy-faq

Turning on the Speech recognition setting allows Microsoft to
collect and use your voice recordings to provide you with
cloud-based speech recognition services in Cortana, in supported
Store apps, and, over time, in other parts of Windows. As part of
that service, we also collect information from the user dictionary
created on your device. This user dictionary stores unique words
like names you write, which helps you type and ink more accurately.
Both the voice data and the user dictionary are used in the
aggregate to help improve our ability to correctly recognize all
users' speech.

Wow, imagine that. Smartphones have been doing similar for years now.
You don't want a smartphone? Don't want Win 10? Don't use it!
Just stop bitching.