Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default want threadlocker with coulour-change if broken

On Fri, 7 Apr 2017 07:11:22 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:05:03 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:34:05 +0000 (UTC), unk
wrote:

I would like to be able to tell by colour if a screw has turned -
does
that exist?

Low-strength/removeable...

Maybe a kind of varnish?

Fingernail polish works nicely as both a thread locker that will
allow
the screw to be removed easily without extra effort, and it will
show
if the screw has been removed or moved.

Works better than "locktite" for gun applications. And you can
get
it
cheap from the missus or the discount store.

Have a good story ready for why you need it. I've found it in all
the
electrical coding colors, some of which would be really weird on
fingernails.

Yeah, ROYGBIV works, but BBROYGBVGW would be weird on lady's
fingernails. (Right, Violet?)

Ooh, windy rain is now pouring down here. Possible thunderstorm
tonight. Get ready, all you downwinders. Judging by the national
weather radar on www.wunderground.com , you may already have your
antenna down.

My bottle of Grey nail polish broke when I tried to open it to mark
the Maytag timer, and finding a nonmetallic replacement was difficult.

ICK! Having worked in a building owned by an ex-Navy man (gray
exterior with 1' band of maroon near the top, gray interior paint,
darker gray carpeting, gray benches, gray countertops) I got a bit
tired of that lovely, bright color and try not to purchase anything
gray to this day. My wool hiking socks are the exception. g
Whuffo you use gray nail polish? Wouldn't black be a better contrast
for a timer marking?, or were you remaining true to the original icky
color?

Weather radar showed the intense squall line that passed through NY
and CT breaking up before hitting us. I didn't hear a single thunder
boom.

Although I didn't hear any thunderstorm last night, I awoke this
morning to a repeated beeping in the other room. Looking at the
bedside clock, it was dark. The power just now came back on and the
heater feels good. 75,061 people lost power (for 3-4 hours) in Oregon
this morning due to many trees taking down power lines. They trim the
trees every year to prevent that. Go figure.

Coffee was made on a propane burner (first things first) and then I
settled back against the wedge on my bed to read by 48 LED panel from
a survival lantern I built. It has a 9w 3 LED spot in MR-16 body and
a 5Ah 12v gel cell.

139ma @ 12vdc http://tinyurl.com/muzjaqz I also used them to replace
my cargo lights over the truck bed, where they work well.

--
That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met,
you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King