Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OS upgrades

Diesel wrote:
"Terry Coombs" news Fri, 07 Apr 2017 01:45:36 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Well , I just really like XP and it does just fine for most
things . I have been a little unhappy with the way my former
configuration (Athlon X2 2.6 Ghz and 4 Gb of RAM) has been
processing the newer web pages that are much more
graphics-intense . 8 and 8.1 were total dogs and 10 is spyware
... which leaves 7 or a Linux distro for an OS . The wife's
laptop runs 7 Pro and it's OK , so I'm going to be using it on
my new desktop . Getting her over to anything linux is not gonna
happen ...

Most linux distros have a live feature. You can try it out without
actually installing it. If you're a fan of XP (I am too), Linux Mint
is not difficult to acclimate to. I've succesfully replaced XP on two
laptops for my mom and brother with Linux Mint; they have no trouble
using it. And, they aren't tech savvy people.

I'm not trying to foist it upon you, I'm just giving you viable
options and I mean no offense by doing so.

I'm downloading a copy of Mint as I type this ... probably load it as a
dual-boot on one of these comps to see if the wife can get along with it .
--
Snag

---
http://www.avg.com