Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default OS upgrades

Mark Lloyd
Fri, 07 Apr 2017 00:48:48 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 04/06/2017 06:54 PM, Diesel wrote:

[snip]

USB sticks usually do have a MBR, although I've heard of
formatting one as a floppy (no MBR).

Aye. I don't see much point in having partitions on a usb stick
myself, but.. to each his own.

You must mean "more than one", since with no partitions a MBR
drive is useless.

Yep.

I've heard that Windows will not access more than one partition,
but other OSes will.

I believe that is correct. AFAIK, Only one can be 'active'. If that's
what you mean. I don't think Linux follows this erm, rule, so...Someone
more knowledgable than myself with linux could confirm that.