Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Unk Unk is offline

Default want threadlocker with coulour-change if broken

On 2017-04-06, unk wrote:
I would like to be able to tell by colour if a screw has turned - does
that exist?

Low-strength/removeable...

Maybe a kind of varnish?

A dot of fingernail polish on one side of the head and the
surrounding workpiece. No strength, but a clear indication if it has
turned.

Enjoy,
DoN.

The problem is I can only see (easily) the threaded end of the fastener,
and it's part-way down the through hole. The hole is stepped - larger at
the eld I can see, but the screw does do project into the larger section.

I want to put a drop in the well, and be able to look later to see if the
screw has turned, so it has to stick to the screw and the hole and change
colour if it's been broken.

Time for some experimentation...