Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OS upgrades

On Fri, 07 Apr 2017 01:23:09 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Thu 06 Apr 2017 02:22:44p, Terry Coombs told us...

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

Clearly you are just playing games with all the old crap that
you've accumulated, new "build" or not.

I have no sympathy for folks like you.

Well , lets see . In the last few days I've purchased a new OS
(2 actually
, XP Pro/64 and 7 Pro/64) , a motherboard , already had new SATA
320Gb and 1Tb hard drives , bought RAM , a new processor , new DVD
burner and power supply , but I guess you must be talking about
the older case I'm putting it all into , yeah yeah that's it , the
case is the "old crap" you're referring to .

Okay, I'll give you that, and it doesn't matter how old a cas is if the
new hardware fits in it. I just can't understand why anyone would buy
XP or 7. I think we just have to agree to disagree.

I have a P1 166 board in an old IBM 5150 PC case, for nostalgia.
When the capacitors failed I just put it away.