Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OS upgrades

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 19:52:21 -0500, notX
wrote:

On 04/06/2017 06:54 PM, Diesel wrote:

[snip]

I have used a router for years and it handles both of our
computers. IN addition, I've taken every measure possible to
configure my software to eliminate communication leaving our
computers. Both of our computers are connected 24/7 and we've
never experienced a problem.

Does your router support WPS? Is it turned off? Are you sure it's
actually off? If not, you're vulnerable to wardriving.

DD-WRT firmware can be installed on many routers. It does not support
WPS, and defaults for other things are more secure. For one thing, uPnP
defaults to off.

Nobody said anything about wifi - that is an option a router doesn't
have to have