Posted to rec.woodworking

Default THANK YOU (Help sawing straight)

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 14:15:39 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 4/6/2017 1:04 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 4/5/2017 8:47 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 13:47:48 -0700 (PDT), Ivan Vegvary
wrote:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU Group.
Purchased new 6-1/2" blade (Irwin).
Solved all my problems. Cut jig and subsequently made 9 full length
cuts in 1-1/8" plywood for my stair treads (10-1/8" wide)
What a difference a sharp blade makes!

Make sure you install it in the right direction, too. DAMHIKT

You may joke about that, but I have a lefty porter cable and I did one
time put a ply blade (HSS) on backward. The smoke was outstanding as I
was cutting through a cabinet to cut the kickplate are off of it so I
could put it on wheels. Glad it was not carbide, as I am sure I would
have knocked them all off.

Yes being use to seeing the print on the blade will throw you off if you
are putting the blade on a backwards setup.

I don't go by the label anymore. It's easier to visualize the
rotation rather then remembering whether that saw is an innie or
outie.

FWIW a siding and or steel building fabricators will use a carbide blade
backwards to get a smoother cut.

Yes, I used my RAS to cut vinyl-clad aluminum siding for the addition
I built on my first house.

On my lefty saw, if you see he label, it's on wrong.