Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default OS upgrades

Oren
Thu, 06 Apr 2017
16:22:44 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 09:01:15 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

The privacy issue, I too have turned off the settings available on
Win 10 to decrease what MSFT has access to. Wonder if he has a
smartphone? Seems to me that Win 10 is no worse than a smartphone
and even on XP, if you use the typical search engines, etc, that
is already sharing a lot of your info, eg what you're viewing,
searching for, etc.

There is no such thing as privacy anymore. Government and
corporations are data miners. Everything about you is already
stored somewhere, for sure. They cow is out of the gate and there
is no way to close the gate.

Yes, there is. It's called encryption. And not everything about you is
already out there either. Many source files to various programs I've
written are NOT available outside of these machines I'm sitting in
front of. You've watched one too many hacker movies and/or csi shows to
believe otherwise. Hollywood is NOT real life.