Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OS upgrades

On 04/06/2017 11:54 AM, wrote:

[snip]

In that case, you should probably never connect anything to the
Internet.

Most definitely NOT without a router. Connecting directly to a simple
modem is just begging for trouble - particularly if youleave it
connected, You want a minimum of a NAS translator between your
computer and the interweb.

I suppose that's NAT. Yes, I'd always use a router, at least except for
a few seconds to determine if the router is the problem.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The universe may have a purpose, but nothing we know suggests that, if
so, this purpose has any similarity to ours." [Bertrand Russell]