Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default OS upgrades

In article ,
says...

There is no such thing as privacy anymore. Government and corporations
are data miners. Everything about you is already stored somewhere, for
sure. They cow is out of the gate and there is no way to close the
gate.

That is the way I look at it. Don't do anything on a compuer that is
connected to the internet that you would not do on national TV prime
time.

About 20 years ago my wife took out a credit card at a store. I think
it was Pennys, but could have been another. They got a letter out of
place on our last name. To this day we still get about one or two
advertisements from other places with this same misspelling.

I did find a program or two that is suspose to let me turn off much of
the MS data collection on Win 10. I doubt it does much, but it may cut
some of it out.

I just gave up worring about the data collection and just accept it as a
fact of modern computing.