Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Selling A House With A Shop - Leave It For Showing Or Empty It?

On Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 9:11:32 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 4/5/2017 10:35 PM, wrote:
Snip

I'm sure glad I'm not buying or selling in the current market. We were
looking 2 years ago but I'll put in stair lifts and stay in the house
we have for a lot less than just the real estate comissions involved
in changing houses - and there are no decent bungalows available for
what we are likely to get for our 2 story - and I refuse to deal with
a mortgage in retirement.

What's a mortgage? ;~)

A method used to raise cash at a low interest rate so that it can be invested
at a higher rate of return.

Possibly risky and something that has to be managed carefully, yes, but a
strategy used by wealthy people (and businesses) quite often.

Lots of rich folks (and businesses) have mortgages that they could pay off
this afternoon if they wanted to.