Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Remington model 511 .22 bolt action

On Thu, 06 Apr 2017 07:51:19 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 06 Apr 2017 06:21:53 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 05 Apr 2017 22:32:45 -0400, Gerry
wrote:

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 08:54:27 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Just feeling chuffed. Went to a tag sale yesterday where they had a .22 for sale. And I really ought to have bought it as it was only $55. So today went back as soon as it opened , and bought it for 20% off.

If I had had a good look at the inside of the barrel. I might have passed on it. It had what was possibly grease in the barrel, but after I ran a couple of swabs thru it, it looked good.

I am sure my grandson will appreciate it. I had the same model when I was a bit younger than him.

Dan
My brother shot his first deer with an old .22 bolt action when he was
11 years old.

I started hunting much earlier and quickly moved up to more difficult
game. I was banging my babysitter when I was 11. VBG Soon after I
started on my millions miles of scooter riding which includes the time
I got on a Ninja and was clocked at 264 mph, on a paved public road.

That sounds like a lot of fun, but you're even crazier than I thought
you were, my friend.

grin... maybe a little bit crazy, but not as much as you might think
once you consider my millions of miles of experience riding scooters.

I've seen the Youtube Hayabusa top speed vids.
Did you mean 264kph?

Nope, miles always.

The Hayabusa has a 340kph speedo, 211.266mph.
Kaws are even faster? Wow.

This guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_n7ru1e-rg went 400 kph
which is 248mph. Frankly, I don't see why they needed all that prep
and had to limit the run because of tire issues. I went much faster
years earlier without any of that unnecessary buffonery... shrug If I
had all that help and prep I could probably... probably do 500...
easy.