Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerry[_9_] Gerry[_9_] is offline

Default OT Remington model 511 .22 bolt action

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 08:54:27 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Just feeling chuffed. Went to a tag sale yesterday where they had a .22 for sale. And I really ought to have bought it as it was only $55. So today went back as soon as it opened , and bought it for 20% off.

If I had had a good look at the inside of the barrel. I might have passed on it. It had what was possibly grease in the barrel, but after I ran a couple of swabs thru it, it looked good.

I am sure my grandson will appreciate it. I had the same model when I was a bit younger than him.

Dan

My brother shot his first deer with an old .22 bolt action when he was
11 years old.