Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Opinons on AC brands Rheem, Trane, Westinghouse

On 4/5/2017 7:28 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 4/4/17 10:55 PM, wrote:
I'm going to have an A/C central heat & air conditioner unit install
it's going to be a 3 ton unit inside & outside both being replaced my
sq feet in my house is like 1100 square ft .they priced me a total of
$ 6,903.00 that includes checking and sealing and replacing any
ducting that is damage. Is this a good price?

For only 1100 square feet, you could probably get by with a couple of
window AC units and space heaters :=)

My upper floor is just over 1,000 sq. ft. I have a 12,000 btu at one
end, 6000 Btu at the other end
The lower level is the same but has a utility area that I don't care to
cool and an 8,000 Btu handles it just fine. I really question the need
for 3 ton of cooling for the OP.