Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default need help with refrigerant fittings

I'm retrofitting the controls in a big chiller (for an ice rink) and I need to add pressure transducers along with the existing gauges. The gauges have 1/4" male flare connections. The transducers are 1/4" male npt. Ideally, i'd like to find a Tee that can attach to the back of the gauge and accept the existing flared tube and the transducer.

While I'm dreaming, it would be good if it didn't project far behind the gauge.

I have looked at grainger and mcmaster, and come away more confused than I went in. Surely I cant be the first person to do this.

I'm not a refrigeration guy, though I'm working with one. I won't be able to reach him for a week, and I'm trying to get a jump on this.

Your suggestions are welcome.

jpb