Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ohger1s@gmail.com is offline

Default ISP1181A vs ISP1181B

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 6:20:18 PM UTC-4, Gareth Magennis wrote:
Hi,

I need to try and replace the USB chip in a rather old device.

The original chip is ISP1181BBS.
I can't find this to buy, but can get ISP1181ABS.

Datasheets are here, but both appear to be pretty much identical.

A:
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe.../ISP1181A.html

B:
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe.../ISP1181B.html

So, this is kind of a generic question - what what kind of difference might
you expect between these different revisions, and is it worth a punt to
replace the B version with the A version and hope it will work?
The unit is toast as it is, the worst case scenario is it will still be
toast with an A chip installed, but I have to buy the A chip to find out.

Cheers,

Gareth.

It's close enough where I don't see it doing any harm if it's somehow not compatible. In fact, the datasheet seems to be a cut and past except for the A and B suffix.