Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Lorry overtaking ban, M11

In message , tim...
writes

"Capitol" wrote in message
news:C6idnSqDJ4Yr4X7FnZ2dnUU78K_NnZ2d@brightview. co.uk...
tim... wrote:

Having commuted from Gravesend to Wembley every day, before the M25 I
can assure you that it quite possible to go through central London
without significant problems. So your Gatwick example is invalid.

I remember doing it [1] as a kid about 68. By 1980 it was impractical
(the M25 was completed in 86)

Those were the days! I regularly drove from St. Albans to Uckfield (near
Lewes) to commission a water filtration plant. The quickest route was
through central London: Hyde Park Corner, Park Lane, Vauxhall Bridge and
out on the A23.

I would not dream of doing it today, never mind the diesel car!
--
Tim Lamb