Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default opinions on bifold doors vs. french doors?

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 21:59:46 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

These are all great suggestions and valid opinions. Thank you all very much.
Basement will ultimately be finished, so I do need some doors on this; and pocket doors not practical (but good suggestion).

Given that two french doors will need to be WIDE open each time, I think I'll go for the bifolds just to better manage the space fronting this area.

I moved a master closet door from the bathroom, to enter on a bedroom
side, light switch, etc. A single metal louvered bi fold door with a
pivot pin in the tile/concrete. After ten years it works as well as
the day I installed it. The former entry door jamb is now a door
sized medicine cabinet in the master bath. Good luck.