Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Recommendation for cordless drill/saw??

i had a cordless drill, but i ended up giving
it away to someone who'd actually use it.
by the time i needed it the batteries always
lost their charge and by the time it would
recharge i could do the job with a regular
screw-em-driver.

I just leave a battery on the charger so it's always ready to go when I
need it. However, lithium batteries don't self drain the way the old Nimh
or NiCad batteries did. I've had batteries sit unused for months and they
still have a lot of usable power left in them.

Also, I use my drill/driver in a lot of places far away from an electrical
outlet. I could drag out an extension cord, but that's a real hassle for a
small project.

I have a really nice corded DW246 corded drill, but I only use it when I
have a lot of drilling to do, or when I need the high torque for a 2-inch
auger bit or something:

https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW246-.../dp/B00002233G

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com