Posted to alt.home.repair
songbird songbird is offline

Default Recommendation for cordless drill/saw??

mike wrote:

Anybody have experience with the Kobalt 24-volt brand at Lowes?
They have a $10 lithium battery pack.
They have brushless motors. I like the idea, but it seems
like a lot more stuff to fail.

I'm a light user. I've never had a cordless tool fail.
It's ALWAYS the battery.

I won't be using it much, so don't need super quality,
just want it to work when I need it.

I don't want to spend a fortune, so looking at
the stuff you get at Lowes or home depot on sale.

Recommendations?

for something that doesn't get used much
i'd never go with a battery operated device
again.

i had a cordless drill, but i ended up giving
it away to someone who'd actually use it.

by the time i needed it the batteries always
lost their charge and by the time it would
recharge i could do the job with a regular
screw-em-driver.

songbird