Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recommendation for cordless drill/saw??

On Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 11:09:04 AM UTC-5, Diesel wrote:
Ralph Mowery
k.net Tue, 04 Apr
2017 13:56:23 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

In article ,
says...

(Fake ID) news 04 Apr 2017 08:11:00 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

One thing I'm not sure about is how many amps the battery is
supposed to deliver so I'd know how powerful of an adapter
would be needed. I attempted to test this with a Harbor
Freight Free multimeter. I put the probes on the battery pins
and immediately smelled smoke and the black wire became too hot
to touch.

Those meters are piles of ****. Don't trust their readouts!

The 4 or 5 that I have seem to be ok for general usage around the
house and car. I do have several Fluke meters to compairthem
with.

I wouldn't rely on them, myself. I've seen them drift too much. One
by as much as 30 volts or so. As, reading 30 volts LESS than what was
actually on the circuit. Not good. Sometimes, even free, isn't worth
having.

Fluke's are great meters, but, pricey. I'm still trying to locate a
decent and reliable meter that can measure into the thousands for me.
I've been on their website, so I've either missed it, or, they don't
make one?

I don't need a million volts ability mind you, but 10k or so would be
very helpful for those rare occasions when I want to get a reliable
readout for so called high voltage output. Instead of just knowing
it's generating some.

I can't test the output of say, a microwave transformer or anything
else essentially like those with the meters I've got handy. My fluke
isn't a ****ty model, but it's not rated beyond 1000Volts, either. I
don't know of any mw transformers or neon sign power supplies (the
newer ones aren't really just a transformer, it's actually an
electronic power supply that produces 5k+ volts) that produces 1k or
less voltage, even if it has no real punch behind it.

That includes the itty bitty ballast you don't see common in laptops
anymore, or flatpanels for that matter. Most (all?) have switched
over to LED backlighting and done away with the cold tubes.
--

When I worked on CRT TV sets, I had a high voltage accessory probe like the one in the link. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

http://en-us.fluke.com/products/all-...ke-80k-40.html

[8~{} Uncle Zapped Monster