Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vacuum cleaner amperage and suction power relationship

On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 07:31:41 -0400, wrote:

My current system has an 8.4 inch Tangential bypass motor. I was
wrong on my last post - it's not Elite, it's Signature.
It is rated at 675 air watts and 147" vacuum.. It is also rated at
12.7 amps, whichn is an HONEST 2 HP (1524 watts) which means it needs
a dedicated 15 amp circuit.

For all you ever wanted to know, and more - including all the
terminology, see:
http://canavac.com/buyers-guide/

Thanks for the CahaVac link, Clare - I might be shopping soon.
I noticed a Costco/Home Depot machine also made-in-Canada -
Husky made in Quebec.
.. so we still can manufacture some things in North America !

Here's a 2012 business article about CanaVac f y i.
https://www.vdta.com/Magazines/AUG12...aVacAug12.html

John T.

We can manufacture a LOT of stuff in North America - and better than
the far east in so many cases. If looking at Costco vacuums, remember
to check what kind of motor. As far as I'm concerned, it's Lamb or go
home.