Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default Recommendation for cordless drill/saw??

On 4/4/17 9:56 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

(Fake ID) news Apr 2017 08:11:00 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

One thing I'm not sure about is how many amps the battery is
supposed to deliver so I'd know how powerful of an adapter would
be needed. I attempted to test this with a Harbor Freight Free
multimeter. I put the probes on the battery pins and immediately
smelled smoke and the black wire became too hot to touch.

Those meters are piles of ****. Don't trust their readouts!

The 4 or 5 that I have seem to be ok for general usage around the house
and car. I do have several Fluke meters to compairthem with.

When the first poster said he put the meter across the battery to see
about the amps, he was using the meter wrong. That meter is only rated
for 10 amps. You do not test a battery for amps by placing a meter
across it. Those batteries will dump lots of amps out when shorted in
that way. Lots more than the 10 amps the meter is reated for.

Gotta just love these pinheads that use an item the wrong way- or for a
purpose it's not designed and intended only to find that, guess what? It
malfunctions, breaks, or does harm.

From here, the knuckleheads progress rapidly from surprise and alarm to
anger and blame-externalization.

Eventually this leads to revenge-seeking against the manufacturer or
seller. This scenario has put many product liability lawyers' kids
through college;-)

--
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained ۬by
stupidity.