Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Recommendation for cordless drill/saw??

On 4/4/2017 8:49 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per mike:
I'm a light user. I've never had a cordless tool fail.
It's ALWAYS the battery.

I won't be using it much, so don't need super quality,
just want it to work when I need it.

Lithium is my choice for intermediate/occasional use because it does not
self-discharge very much: I can pick up a drill that has been sitting
for three months and it will have a full charge.

I am committed to Ryobi, but if I were starting from scratch would
choose a higher-end line after investigating the conditions of the
battery warranty.

When one of my Ryobi batteries failed - obviously before it's time - the
answer from Home Depot was "Sorry, not covered". I think they based it
on the length of time since purchase... but occasional use *does* get
you into those situations.

IIRC, Home Depot's "DeWalt" line offered a warranty that covered the
batteries better.

OTOH, after that one failure, I have not had any additional battery
problems with Ryobi.

My Ridgid from HD has a lifetime battery warranty.