Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Vacuum cleaner amperage and suction power relationship

My current system has an 8.4 inch Tangential bypass motor. I was
wrong on my last post - it's not Elite, it's Signature.
It is rated at 675 air watts and 147" vacuum.. It is also rated at
12.7 amps, whichn is an HONEST 2 HP (1524 watts) which means it needs
a dedicated 15 amp circuit.

For all you ever wanted to know, and more - including all the
terminology, see: http://canavac.com/buyers-guide/

Thanks for the CahaVac link, Clare - I might be shopping soon.
I noticed a Costco/Home Depot machine also made-in-Canada -
Husky made in Quebec.
.. so we still can manufacture some things in North America !

Here's a 2012 business article about CanaVac f y i.
https://www.vdta.com/Magazines/AUG12...aVacAug12.html

John T.