Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to buy a non-condensing boiler?

On Monday, April 3, 2017 at 4:56:58 PM UTC-4, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 04/03/2017 05:55 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

[snip]

Doesn't air make a noise?

A white-noise whooshing. I've had forced-air heat all my life, so
I don't really notice it.

I remember when I spend a few days with a relative, who kept the
(central HVAC) fan on all the time. I got used to it and didn't notice,
until it stopped from a power outage.

We keep the blower on all the time, too.

[snip]

I have a single-story house. All of the ducts run through the basement,
up into the walls, where there's a grate just below knee level for the
air to come out. For two-story homes, the ducts are sized to fit between
the studs in interior walls.

Most of what I've seen is vents in the ceiling. However, I have seen a
few systems with vents in the floor (often in mobile homes).. I've never
seen vents in the wall or both floor and ceiling.

Vents in the ceiling suggests no basement and HVAC equipment in the attic.
Is that the case?

Basements are extremely common here in Michigan, and it makes more sense
to put the HVAC equipment there, where the temperature is stable, than
in the attic, where it is subject to extremes of heat and cold.

Plus, it's much easier to access for service. We change the filters
monthly because my husband has allergies.

Cindy Hamilton