Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default I need some help to fix the cord on my iron

On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 21:10:24 -0500, philo wrote:

On 04/03/2017 03:49 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 15:34:52 -0500, philo wrote:

If it's the cast-iron variety you just heat on the stove, you don't need
a cord.

Chuckle. I have a couple of those ~ 85+ years old. When cleaned up
and painted they make terrific door stops. Use one every day. With my
set of two I can even use them both for book ends. A matching set.

Yep, my grandfather was junkman and our family salvaged of few of those
old irons...I have a few here

I bought mine from the Amish in Pennsylvania. Sandblasted and painted
with black glossy enamel. Still pretty after all these years. Amish
didn't need cords I guess.