Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair
dvus dvus is offline

Default 8-month-old boy killed by family pit bull in Maryland1

On 4/2/2017 6:31 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 05:54:56 -0400
dvus wrote:
On 4/1/2017 7:04 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 06:03:15 -0400
dvus wrote:
On 3/31/2017 6:54 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 04:24:02 -0400
dvus wrote:
On 3/30/2017 7:42 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 04:51:02 -0400
dvus wrote:
On 3/29/2017 5:47 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Wed, 29 Mar 2017 05:06:36 -0400
dvus wrote:
On 3/28/2017 6:12 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 04:47:56 -0400
dvus wrote:
On 3/27/2017 2:46 PM, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 07:47:11 -0600
rbowman wrote:
On 03/27/2017 04:20 AM, dvus wrote:
On 3/26/2017 10:24 AM, OG38 wrote:
On 3/26/2017 8:33 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:

8-month-old boy killed by family pit bull in Maryland1

I hope the family is happy... Just my opinion but I
believe anyone that owns a dog of that nature is sick
as hell...

No dog is born with that "nature", it's trained into
them. Pit bulls just happen to be of a size that makes
that kind of training produce a dangerous animal. Some
of the meekest dogs around are pit bulls that have been
raised in a normal fashion. Treat any large dog the way
that one undoubtedly was and you'll have a similarly
dangerous animal.

http://www.kptv.com/story/21313261/p...ck-little-girl

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/359...th-single-bite

Nice but there are way more killings by pit bulls than
chihuahuas and jack russles combined.

I don't doubt that but you should factor in that those
looking to raise a vicious animal are more likely to pick a
pit than a chihuahua.

You are right not many drug dealers/gun runners/other
assorted scum get a chicuahua or jack russel.

Agreed. They prefer dogs they can train to be aggressive.

chihuahuas usually go to girlie men and jack russels to
farmers.

That's a somewhat broad generalization but does serve to
underline the fact that aggressive pits are usually the
result of being raised by people classed as undesirables who
intentionally mistreat them in order to get an aggressive
dog.

yet with no signs of abuse or past aggressiveness an 8 month
old baby is dead.

A tragedy no doubt, but I've yet to see documented evidence of
how that animal was raised and trained. Until then I believe
any conclusions of general pit bull behavior based on this
case is premature.

Until I see documented evidence they trained it to be aggressive
or violent I will believe the story as published.

"The dog attacked the baby €œout of the blue,€ he said."

"The dog, which weighed about 65 pounds, had no history of being
aggressive and would be tested for rabies, the sheriff said. The
family friend, a female neighbor who unsuccessfully tried to
stop the attack, was taken to a hospital with minor injuries,
the sheriff said."

Wasn't the dog in question a Jack Russell, not a pit bull?

Really, now you are just being, you know ****ing....

Being what? This discussion started off with:
"8-month-old boy killed by family pit bull in Maryland"

and reading the article I see:

"THE grieving family of a newborn baby killed by their pet Jack
Russell said last night: €œWe have no words to describe the loss we
have suffered.€"

To be honest, I didn't realize the dog in question was a Jack
Russell, I saw the line that included "family pit bull" and spaced
on the fact that it actually wasn't a pit bull.

I still believe any dog can be raised to be vicious and any pit
bull can be raised to be a good family pet.

The deputies, who arrived within a minute of the call, saw the
familys pit bull attacking the boy €“ who was in the care of a
family friend €“ and shot the animal to stop the attack. The boy was
pronounced dead at the scene.

I don't know where that came from but I read:
€œThe dog in question was a family pet €“ a Jack Russell €“ and this
animal has been put down.€œ

We seem to have a disparity of understanding.

Read the op. Damn! No ****ing jack dog. They can't reach 60+ pounds.
Your effort to change the subject is getting boring.

8-month-old boy killed by family pit bull in Maryland1

An 8-month-old boy was killed Thursday in Maryland when the familys
pit bull attacked him, authorities said.

[snip]

Yes, yes, you're right, somehow I latched onto a link introduced by
rbowman earlier in the thread, my bad. No need to get apoplectic over
it, the original story was indeed about a pit bull. I still believe the
onus for bad dog behavior rests with the owner, not the animal itself.
For every pit bull raised to be vicious there's likely thousands that
were treated decently and are great family pets.

Did you have a bad experience with a pit bull earlier in life? I was
bitten by a German Shepard when I was a kid and I still get nervous
around them despite the fact that they are a great and loyal family pet
in most cases.

--
dvus

---