Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default I used to buy tires from TireRack - now SimpleTire (how can theydo it?)

On 04/02/2017 08:07 PM, Jonas Schneider wrote:
Overall, if you haven't guessed my reaction yet, they proved absolutely
nothing, and they tested almost absolutely nothing, and they certainly
measured only one thing and they didn't even report that measurement.

Okay, I get it. Every magazine writer is a complete asshole bought off
by the local friendly sales guy. Every civilian reviewer that laid out
$600 thinks whatever he bought is the greatest thing since sex. Nobody
publishes reliable data. The consumer is screwed. I'll go you one
better. A major chain in the western US, Les Schwab's, which I've bought
tires from, tends to sell tires with their own house models and brands.
I've bought tires from them, never had problems, and their service is
great, but good luck trying to find out anything about a 'Road Control
Touring A/S'.