Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Invasion of Fruit flies

On 4/2/2017 8:18 PM, Andy wrote:
On Sunday, April 2, 2017 at 6:33:56 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/2/2017 5:33 PM, Andy wrote:
This seem trivial, but it really isn't.

I have a big problem with fruit flies and I can NOT get rid of them.

This is what I have tried.

1. Keeping garbage lids closed.

2. Spraying them and garbage with an ammonia solution

3. Mild cursing and harsh language :-)

4. Washing all fruits with a mild bleach solution

Any one with some other ideas ?

If Alfred Hitchcock was still alive, he could make a great movie about this.

Thanks,
Andy

Good start, but they reproduce rapidly and lay eggs so if you get rid of
them today, you get them again next week. Trap and kill them. Takes a
good week or two to be rid of them.

Get two or three small jars, just 8 oz of so is good. Pit some apple
cider vinegar in them, just a quarter full. Cover with plastic wrap.
Poke a hole about the size of your thumb. Place them in the area the
flies have been found. Freshen after 4 or 5 days. Repeat until they
are gone.

Thanks, I will try anything.

Even an exorcism. :-)

Andy

One thing I did not mention, be sure to clean around the sink drain.
They often find their way there and breed.